Nowogród Bobrzański is one of the large towns of the lower Bóbr valley, which received city rights before 1238 r. At that time, it was surrounded on three sides by fortifications divided by two gates. W XVI w. a wooden bridge was thrown over the Bóbr, which greatly influenced the development of the city. It is worth seeing the gothic churches there – Wniebowzięcia NMP (XV w.) and St.. Bartholomew (XIV w.). Krosno Odrzańskie is located at the mouth of the Bóbr to the Odra River. There you can see a small fragment of the defensive walls from the 12th and 14th centuries. and the ruins of the 13th-century Piast castle. In the right-bank part of the city, on a picturesque hill, there is the 19th-century church of St.. Andrew with three bells from the 15th and 17th centuries. 4-Czerwiesk, a town of thousands, is a holiday resort. The town, situated among forests, is home to small textile and food industry plants. Zielona Góra is the largest city in the region. The first mentions of it appeared in 1301 r., and received city rights 22 years later. For centuries, it was situated within the borders of Bohemia, Prussia and Poland. While in Zielona Góra, it is worth seeing fragments of city fortifications, with a 15th-century tower (the so-called. The Głogów Tower or the Łazienna Tower), church of st. Jadwiga with a baroque choir decorated with paintings of the apostles, forged renaissance grating at the olive chapel and several baroque tombstones. It will be a real pleasure to drink coffee or eat lunch in the palm house, among the palm trees, fig trees, citrus and agave plants.
Currently, Zielona Góra is an important cultural and economic center (two universities and numerous scientific societies, philharmonic hall and two theaters). Residential estates are located in the surrounding hills on the site of vineyards. The textile industry is developing in the city, electromechanical, food, wood. At a distance of approx 10 km flows the Odra river, where the Cigacice river port is located. The wine tradition is expressed by the existence of the only wine department in Poland in the Museum of the Lubuskie Region. Over 1400 exhibits, some of which are related to viticulture and wine production. An interesting collection is, among others. utility glass (cups and goblets). South-west of Zielona Góra, in Świdnica, you can see a 14th-century church built of field stone. Its walls contain the Renaissance tombstones of the Kietlicz family, Świdnica owners. A valuable monument is their mansion from the 16th century., which now houses the Central Nadodrze Archaeological Museum. The exhibition includes five permanent exhibitions presenting the prehistory of the region. Located east of Zielona Góra on Lake Liwno, the village of Zabór is a holiday resort. Before the war, lignite was mined here. Today there is a beach on Lake Liwno, bathing area, sports equipment rental and sanatorium for children. The 17th-century palace complex with a 20-hectare park has been preserved, in which the clones grow, linden trees, spruces, chestnut trees and white poplars. Drzonów is situated halfway from Czerwieńsk to Świdnica, which houses the second largest Military Museum in Poland.