Considerable habitat diversity is conducive to the development of a rich fauna. You can meet insectivorous mammals here, like a hedgehog, mole or bats. Rodents are represented by the muskrat, grubber, nornice brown, polnik and squirrels. Many refuges have roe deer, deer and wild boars. The fox can be distinguished among predatory mammals, jenota, borsuka, forest and home marten, coward, ermine and weasel. A natural curiosity is the presence of the European beaver and otter. Nests here 141 bird species, m.in. White-tailed Eagle, red kite, honey buzzard, lesser spotted eagle, Montagu's harrier, black stork, mute swan, wagtail, pigeon, note, corncrake, sprinkles, zimorodek i krwawodziób. Wzmianki o wykorzystywaniu pokładów kredy znajdujących się na terenie Puszczy Bukowej pochodzą z XIV w., jednak początek przemysłowego wykorzystania puszczy przypada na przełom XVIII i XIX w. W XIX w. the exploitation of stands has become more intense. In Gryfino, In Dąbiu and Płonia, factories were established to transform the beech forest. The Cistercian Order brought from Denmark in 1173 r. to Kołbacz. The intensive development of the monastery was possible thanks to the favor of the ducal court and church authorities. The Cistercians developed the breeding of goats on a large scale, horses, sheep and pigs, they also founded fruit orchards. The brewing industry developed in Kołbacz and the surrounding villages, water and wind milling and crafts – cloth making, furriery, shoemaking, cooperage, blacksmithing and carpentry. This also contributed to the development of trade. The monks devoted a lot of time to work for the benefit of the local population. W 1187 r. established a hospital in Kołbacz. Okres XII-XV w. it was a time of uninterrupted flourishing of the abbey, however, it had negative effects on nature – large tracts of the forest have been cleared. The destruction of forests ceased with the secularization of the order in 1555 r. The damaged stands were gradually regenerated. The forest also suffered during World War II. Fighting has been going on here since 7 do 20 III 1945 r. Their traces are visible in numerous trenches, transejach, anti-tank ditches and earth and concrete fortifications. From the exit positions on the western edge of the Bukowe Hills, the crossing of the Odra River began (16-20 IV 1945 r.) Koniec wojny był początkiem kolejnego okresu intensywnego pozyskiwania drewna na potrzeby zrujnowanego kraju. W 1956 r. created 7 forest reserves, which covered the most valuable parts of the forest. In the early years 60. 60% the stands were classified as protection forests, which limited the logging. W 1981 r. the Szczecin Landscape Park “Puszcza Bukowa” was established”. Currently, it covers not only forest areas, but also three large clearings: Binowska, Kołowska and Dobropolska. Landscape beauty, the richness of nature and the location on the edge of a large city resulted, that the area of the Bukowa Primeval Forest has become one of the main leisure areas for the residents of Szczecin. A multi-day stay is possible only in a few holiday resorts on the Glinna and Binowskie lakes. The forest is covered with a network of marked hiking trails. It is worth visiting the burial mound located in Glinna. His remains come from the middle Bronze Age (1200-1000 years BC). To this day, five mounds, which are barely visible under the layer of litter, have survived. Another attraction is the "Rotten Mushroom."” – an early medieval horseshoe stronghold, which lies south of the Zgniły Grzyb lake. It was artificially fortified on three sides, and the fourth was adjacent to the lake. In the reserve "Bukowe Zdroje” on the top of Chojna there is an early medieval ring stronghold Cedelin. The cone settlement can be visited by the Glinna lake or the Płonno and Zaborsko lakes. A great ring stronghold with a borough, surrounded by watts and moats, znajduje się w Kołbaczu. Tam również mieści się jeden z najcenniejszych zabytków Pomorza Zachodniego – post-Cistercian monastery complex (1210-1347). In Binowo there is a Gothic church from the 14th century built of granite slabs. The ruins of the church in Chlebów come from the same age. An interesting structure is the viaduct in Klęsków, which is part of the Berlin-Szczecin-Elbląg-Królewiec motorway, the initial section of which was put into service in 1936 r. The rejection of the request to carry it through the territory of Poland was one of the formal pretexts of the Nazi attack in 1939 r.